Cynthia O’Hara (The Harried Housewife), author of Cooking, Baking and Making, has just posted a fun and easy recipe for butterscotch bars, check it out!
- As seen on WKTV NEWSChannel 2
- 1 (16.5 ounce) package plain yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butterscotch cook-and-serve pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or fat-free half-and-half
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For crust, in a large bowl, combine cake mix, flour, butter, milk, and egg. Press two-thirds of mixture into a 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake 8 minutes. Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium glass microwave-safe bowl, combine pudding mix and half-and-half. Microwave on HIGH until mixture boils, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Add butterscotch chips; stir until chips have almost melted. Spread butterscotch mixture over hot crust; sprinkle with the remaining crust mixture. Bake until filling is bubbly and crust is golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Makes 32 bars.
100 Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons
From the creative mind of the Harried Housewife blog, comes a beautifully packaged one-stop-shop book bursting with DIY recipes and DIY ideas for the entire year! Cooking, Baking and Making: 100 Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons includes 60 DIY recipes with bonus designs and 40 DIY ideas that tie your home together for all 365 days.