Debra Eckerling (author of Your Goal Guide) talks about the value and benefits of being confident and how to develop confidence.
What does karaoke have to do with confidence? A lot! This week on GoalChatLive I had a fabulous conversation on Confidence with fellow Mango author Joan Gelfand (You Can Be a Winning Writer) and relationship marketing expert Jessika Phillips (NOW Marketing Group).
Joan and Jessika spoke about the value and benefits of confidence, how to develop confidence, and so much more.
To have confidence, you need to be comfortable with yourself: know and embrace what you are good at. “Be a positive inner critic of yourself,” Jessika says.
Joan is a champion of her “4 C’s System to Author Success: Craft, Commitment, Community & Confidence,” which happens to be the subtitle of her book. Finding or building a community of positive reinforcement makes a world of difference for you … and your people.
Value of Confidence
- Jessika: Confidence builds trust! It helps us feel good, and helps provide clarity on who we want to work with.
- Joan: As a writer, you need confidence in order to submit. (This is also applicable to entrepreneurs) You can’t win if you don’t put yourself out there. The more you win, the more you win. It’s a loop. Success breeds success!
On Building Confidence
- Jessika: We may not see our gifts as gifts, because they come so naturally to us. But, rest assured, they are. Embrace what makes you special! Build your community. Consistently show up
- Joan: Work on your craft, make a commitment, develop community, and have confidence! Remember, time and patience are your friends!
Watch Reinventing on #GoalChatLive
Also, check out the full GoalChatLive conversation on the topic in the Twitter Moments Recap.
Your Goals for Building Your Confidence
- Jessika: Ask five of your closest network what are the three things they think about when they think about you
- Joan: Do something every day to forward your business, your career: one/day, five/week
- Deb: Keep a win list to look at when you need a burst of confidence
- Joan: Stop fantasizing and start doing
- Jessika: Look for the people who you can celebrate
- Learn more about Joan Gelfand and Jessica Phillips
- Check out You Can Be a Winning Writer by Joan Gelfand
- Explore Jessika Phillips’ CARE system of Relationship Marketing
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then, join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.
What’s your tip for building confidence? Please share it in the comments.
* * *
On the next #GoalChat we will be talking about July Goals. Join the Twitter chat on Sunday, June 27, at 7pm PT on Twitter. Then, on Monday, June 28, at 4pm PT, Denny Brown and Jeff Sweat will join me for #HappyMidYear on #GoalChatLive.
* * *
A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
Start with a plan. One of the biggest reasons goals fail is that we often don’t put enough thought into what we really want before diving in. Your Goal Guide by Debra Eckerling starts with that first, crucial step: figuring out your goals and putting a plan in place. As a professional writer, communications specialist, and project catalyst with more than 20 years of experience, Eckerling is prepared to help you achieve success.