Brenda Knight, author of Random Acts of Kindness, has written a new blog post on the importance of living your life exactly how you want to!
This is your life! Only you can truly control your choices. Choosing happiness is the best way to achieve being good to yourself as well as the world. Here are some suggestions for how you can ensure simple joy in your life:
- Be the best you can be by your own standards
- Surround yourself with people who inspire you and make you feel good
- Focus on what you have, not what you lack
- Optimism trumps pessimism every time!
- Smile often and genuinely
- Be honest to yourself and others
- Help others
- Embrace your past, live in the present, and look forward for what is yet to come
Random Acts of Kindness
365 Days of Good Deeds, Inspired Ideas and Acts of Goodness
The change you want to see in the world. This good-humored guide to being the change you want to see in the world is filled with suggestions for making a real difference, in ways both large and small. From improving someone’s life with just one penny to ensuring all children are well fed, the day-by-day positive proposals of Random Acts of Kindness combine inspiration with action. Despite the hurly-burly of our busy lives, we can all make a beneficial impact on the environment, throughout out local community, and within our own hearts. This book of inspired ideas and good deeds conveys how “the power of one”―that is, you―can make a better world, starting today!