The Harried Housewife (author of Cooking, Baking, and Making) provides us with another sweet and yummy recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- As seen on WKTV NEWSChannel 2
- Vegetable shortening, for pie plate
- 1/2 cup flour, plus more for pie plate
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whole Nutmeg (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie plate with shortening; dust with flour. Combine milk, sugar, 1/2 cup flour, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a blender. Cover; blend until mixed, about 1 minute. Pour into prepared pie plate; grate nutmeg over the top, if desired. Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm or cooled, with a dollop of whipped cream and grated nutmeg, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
100 Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons
From the creative mind of the Harried Housewife blog, comes a beautifully packaged one-stop-shop book bursting with DIY recipes and DIY ideas for the entire year! Cooking, Baking and Making: 100 Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons includes 60 DIY recipes with bonus designs and 40 DIY ideas that tie your home together for all 365 days.