The Harried Housewife, author Cynthia O’Hara, has created a corn bread muffin recipe perfect for summer time cookouts.
- As seen on WKTV NEWSChannel 2
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup regular or reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cooked corn or 1 (8.5 or 8.75-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 10 muffin cups or line with paper liners. In a medium bowl, combine corn muffin mix, flour, and sugar. In a separate, medium bowl, whisk together egg, sour cream, and butter. Add to corn muffin mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in corn; divide among muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 16 to 19 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm or cool. Makes 10 muffins.
cooking, baking, and making
100 Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons
From the creative mind of the Harried Housewife blog, comes a beautifully packaged one-stop-shop book bursting with DIY recipes and DIY ideas for the entire year! Cooking, Baking and Making – 100 Holiday Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons includes 60 DIY recipes with bonus designs and 40 DIY ideas that tie your home together for all 365 days.