Debra Eckerling (author of Your Goal Guide) discusses health goals, having strength, and starting a fitness routine.
This week on GoalChatLive, we talked about Fitness. The Sales Innovator Steve Brossman, Fitness and Wellness Coach Carmen Miranda, and Award-winning Radio Journalist and Podcast Host/Producer Susan Valot joined me for the conversation. Fitness ties into this month’s theme of fun, since the more fun your fitness choice is, the more likely you are to invest in your wellness.
According to our guests, fitness is …
- Steve: Whatever you want it to be for your health goals
- Carmen: A lifestyle … you have to fit it into your life
- Susan: Having the strength and energy to do what you want to do
Steve, Carmen, and Miranda shared their fitness journeys, exercise preferences, and some anecdotes, as well as tips and encouragement for finding and embracing wellness.
Watch our Conversation on Fitness
Also, check out the full GoalChatLive conversation on Fitness in the Twitter Moments Recap.
Advice for the Fitness Averse
- Steve: Build your own morning routine
- Carmen: Think about why you feel this way about fitness, so you can make a change and do something that brings you joy instead
- Susan: Find what works for you, time-wise and exercise-wise
Your Fitness Goals
- Susan: Make a commitment to something, even if it’s one day a week
- Steve: Set an attendance goal, set a stretch/extra fitness goal for a winning effect
- Carmen: Schedule 10-minute movement appointments
- Learn more about Steve Brossman and connect on LinkedIn
- Check out Carmen Miranda’s website. Watch her stretch at your desk workout and follow Intuitively Fit 360 on Instagram
- Discover more about Susan Valot and follow Susan on Social Media
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Check out my articles on 5 Fitness Goals for Writers
- Get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then, join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.
What’s your best fitness tip? Please share it in the comments.
* * *
A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
Start with a plan. One of the biggest reasons goals fail is that we often don’t put enough thought into what we really want before diving in. Your Goal Guide by Debra Eckerling starts with that first, crucial step: figuring out your goals and putting a plan in place. As a professional writer, communications specialist, and project catalyst with more than 20 years of experience, Eckerling is prepared to help you achieve success.