Debra Eckerling (author of Your Goal Guide) discusses the value of improv, finding/scheduling fun, and preventing burnout.
For the August Fun-Themed #GoalChatLive Party I was joined by Improv in Business Speaker/Trainer Kathy Klotz-Guest; Teacher and Founder of Grateful Goddesses Karen Pulver; and multi-faceting Entrepreneur, Speaker, and Author Katrina Sawa. Whereas the topic was fun, we delved into choosing yourself, embracing change, and thriving,
At the beginning of every month, I bring together friends from different areas of my life to chat, check-in, and offer inspiration.
My guests for the Fun-Themed #GoalChatLive:
- Kathy Klotz-Guest, Keeping it Human
- Karen Pulver, Grateful Goddesses
- Katrina Sawa, Jumpstart Your Biz Now
We discussed the value of improv (“Yes, and” yourself); finding – and scheduling – fun (Put yourself first, clients second, marketing third), avoiding burnout (incorporate play into your life), and more.
Watch the Fun-Themed August #GoalChatLive
August Fun Goals
- Karen: Let go. Stop trying to control everything.
- Katrina: Put a vacation on the calendar. Whatever your money goal, double it. And trust.
- Kathy: Every day, do something fun that brings you joy. Track it. Do it for 30 days
Final Tips for Fun
- Katrina: Just do it!
- Karen: Gratitude and fun go together
- Kathy: Be yourself! However, you love to play, have fun!
- Learn more about Kathy Klotz-Guest and her book: Stop Boring Me
- Check out Karen Pulver and Grateful Goddesses, and
- Learn more about Katrina Sawa and get her free trainings
- Read Jessica Dewell’s Top Tips to Avoid Burnout
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Get your copy of Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
What’s your best tip for incorporating fun into your life? Please share in the comments.
* * *
For more inspiration, motivation, and tips, follow @TheDEBMethod on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. And connect on LinkedIn.
And get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.
your goal guide
A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
Start with a plan. One of the biggest reasons goals fail is that we often don’t put enough thought into what we really want before diving in. Your Goal Guide by Debra Eckerling starts with that first, crucial step: figuring out your goals and putting a plan in place. As a professional writer, communications specialist, and project catalyst with more than 20 years of experience, Eckerling is prepared to help you achieve success.