FlavCity (Bobby Parrish) author of the newly released 5 Ingredient Semi-Homemade Meal has just posted a delicious and easy gluten free shortbread cookie recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch (or arrowroot starch)
- pinch salt
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons butter (or ghee, palm shortening) softened/room temperature (not melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix the almond flour, starch and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the softened butter (or ghee/palm shortening to keep it paleo), maple syrup and vanilla and use a fork to mix everything together.
- Use your hands to squeeze the dough and bring it together.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Take the chilled dough and place it between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Put some tapioca starch on it so it doesn’t stick.
- Use your hands to flatten it and then a rolling pin to roll into about 1/4 thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes (I used a round 2-inch in diameter shape) and place on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Use a fork to gently poke a few holes on top of the cookies.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 325F, until the cookies take on a little bit of color.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate chips over double boiler.
- Let the cookies cool down for 1 hour before dipping them in the melted chocolate. The almond flour needs time to dry out, this will make the cookie texture just like shortbread.
- Store on counter in an air-tight container for 3 days.
5 Ingredient Semi-Homemade Meals
50 Easy & Tasty Recipes Using the Best Ingredients from the Grocery Store
An introduction to easy cooking. Cooking doesn’t have to be complicated. Food Network champion Bobby Parrish shares the ins and outs of semi-homemade meals and assures us that his quick and easy recipes are doable for anyone and everyone. By keeping the recipes to five ingredients, Bobby demonstrates just how easy cooking can be. From savory snacks to simple dinner ideas packed with flavor, this easy (and healthy!) recipe book is just what your kitchen needs.