Cynthia O’Hara (The Harried Housewife), author of Cooking, Baking and Making, has just posted a fun and easy Halloween themed rice crispy treat recipe-check it out!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Yield: 24 servings
- As seen on WKTV NEWSChannel 2 Harried Housewife Halloween Crispy Treats
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups autumn mix candy
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- Coat a (3 quart) 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place cereal in a large bowl. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in marshmallows. Cook until melted and smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; pour over cereal mixture. Stir until just coated. Add candy mix; stir until combined. Press mixture into prepared pan. Cool completely. Cut into squares. Makes 24 squares.
100 Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons
From the creative mind of the Harried Housewife blog, comes a beautifully packaged one-stop-shop book bursting with DIY recipes and DIY ideas for the entire year! Cooking, Baking and Making: 100 Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons includes 60 DIY recipes with bonus designs and 40 DIY ideas that tie your home together for all 365 days.