Debra Eckerling (author of Your Goal Guide) talks overcoming tremendous obstacles and using your experience to help others with the group.
Happy Mid Year! The July #GoalChatLive Party was all about celebrating challenges and preparing to take on the rest of the year! My guests – Denny Brown, Elaine Hall, and Jeff Sweat – have overcome tremendous obstacles and use their experience to help others.
At the beginning of every month, I bring together friends from different areas of my life to chat, check-in, and offer inspiration.
My guests for the #GoalChatLive #HappyMidYear Party:
- Denny Brown, co-Founder Ramsay Brown Media. Educate. Simplify. Succeed.
- Elaine Hall, Visionary, Inclusion Activist & Founder of The Miracle Project
- Jeff Sweat, Author & Founder of Sweat + Co
The trio shared their backstories, including what people generally don’t know about them. They were also open about how their personal journeys led them to become advocates. There were lighter moments, as well. Denny, Elaine, and Jeff shared what they do for fun, their superhero name or nickname, and how they view meal prep.
Biggest Takeaway from the Last Year
- Jeff (a COVID-survivor): Don’t take anything for granted
- Elaine: Be open to the universe
- Denny: Change doesn’t happen immediately, it’s incremental
Watch the July Happy Mid Year #GoalChatLive Party
Their Take on Challenges
- Elaine: Fate is the hand we are dealt. Destiny is how we play our hand.
- Denny: You have two choices when faced with challenges: You can choose to grow or you can choose to stay.
- Jeff: You will not leave this [time of turbulence and upheaval] the way you came in.
Happy Mid Year Goals
- Jeff: Work on a creative project! Put something on paper and commit to doing that in a set period of time.
- Elaine: Remember. Write down the lessons learned. Remember who you are.
- Denny: Listen more deeply. Communication is key.
- Check out Denny Brown and Connect Ottawa,
- Learn more about Elaine Hall, The Miracle Project, and the 1 in 4 Coalition
- Check out Autism: The Musical, Seven Keys to Unlock Autism, and Now I See the Moon
- Learn more about Sweat & Co and Jeff Sweat’s Books
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Get your copy of Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
Explore The Miracle Project
What’s your tip for taking on the rest of 2021? Please share in the comments.
On July 4th – we have our annual #GoalChat Summer Twitter Party. No GoalChatLive on July 5. Happy Independence Day!
* * *
For more inspiration, motivation, and tips, follow @TheDEBMethod on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. And connect on LinkedIn.
And get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.
your goal guide
A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
Start with a plan. One of the biggest reasons goals fail is that we often don’t put enough thought into what we really want before diving in. Your Goal Guide by Debra Eckerling starts with that first, crucial step: figuring out your goals and putting a plan in place. As a professional writer, communications specialist, and project catalyst with more than 20 years of experience, Eckerling is prepared to help you achieve success.