(Author of Mystical Crystals) Cerridwen Greenleaf presents us with this earth stone of healing.
I can’t help but marvel that I’m writing about jade on Chinese New Year. Jade is held in the highest regard by the Chinese and has been for thousands of years, thought to bring good luck and prosperity. Jade is a harbinger of purity and tranquility. The Chinese so adore this tone that they carry little talismanic pieces with them everywhere they go. Other cultures—the Maori of New Zealand and the Japanese—also hold jade blessed. Jade is a soft stone, perfect for carving. Both the Chinese and Japanese decorated royal personages with exquisite jade jewelry. Jade comes from Myanmar, Russia, Italy, China, and North and Central America. It is so affordable, I urge you to explore all the magical colors—yellow, orange, blue, red, purple, white, brown, and classic jade green—and powers of positivity.
Jade brings with it the power of love and protection. It is also a dream stone, promoting prophetic and deeply meaningful dreams.
- Purple jade heals the broken heart, allowing understanding and acceptance in and pain and anger out. If you are going through a breakup, purple jade will help you with the heartache.
- Green jade is the counselor stone and can help relationships that aren’t working become functional instead of dysfunctions; this shade is also a boon for the brain. Green jade helps with getting along.
- Red jade promotes the proper release of anger and also generates sexual passion. Serve your lover a passion potion in a cup of carved red jade while wearing only red jade. Sparks will fly!
- Blue jade is a rock for patience and composure and for conveying a sense of control. Wear blue jade pendants for serenity.
- Yellow jade is for energy, simple joy, and maintaining a sense of being a part of a greater whole. A yellow jade bracelet or ring will help you feel that all is well in your world.
Jadeite and nephrite are two varieties of jade, with the far more translucent and rarer jadeite being the more popular. Their healing properties are very much the same, however, and the different colors manifest different curatives. All jade brings positive energy. In 2001, a 2,000 ton boulder of jade was discovered in Ptiakant in Myanmar—now that’s a whole lot of love!
Magical Stones and Gems for Health, Wealth, and Happiness
With information on stones for each area of life, including love, work, home, and stress-busting, The Crystal Companion is a beautifully illustrated guide to using crystals and gemstones to channel positive energy into all areas of your life that need special attention. With chapters like “Birthstone Secrets: Discovering Your 4 Soul Stones,” “Tranquility Touchstones: Stress-Reducing Rocks,” and “Crystal Charms: How to Choose and Make Change-Your-Life Jewelry,” there something for both the beginner and the more knowledgeable in Greenleaf’s latest book.