Be That Unicorn author Jenny Block was recently a guest on the AM NW show where she talked about her book and the idea of reinvention, check it out- video included!
Be That Unicorn While Reinventing Yourself for the Job Market:
1. That unicorn uses her past to shape her present. That means thinking about how a past job can translate to a new one even if they are seemingly VERY different.
2. That unicorn acknowledges the bad and says “and” instead of “but.” Losing my job because of Covid is awful and I can use my experience to find something new – and maybe even better.
3. That unicorn knows that reinvention is the key to growth. Change is scary and forced change is worse. But if it’s inevitable, why not use this time to reinvent yourself. What have you always wanted to do, to be, to try? Y
4. The unicorn leads with confidence. Most any employer will tell you that confidence is the number one reason they hire someone when choosing between similar candidates.
5. That unicorn believes that regret is a waste. This pandemic will pass, eventually. The only thing we really have control over is how we handle it. For better or for worse a lot of us have unwanted time on our hands. So why not use it to reimagine yourself and your career.
Find Your Magic, Live Your Truth, and Share Your Shine
Being a unicorn means being the magnetic person that everyone in the room is drawn to. It means being honest and true to yourself every day, no matter what. When you are really, really good at being yourself, you’ll make other people feel really, really good about themselves, too. In Be That Unicorn, Jenny Block, author of several best sellers for women, shows you how to stop putting yourself down and start finding your magic.