KJ Landis, author of Happy Healthy You, has written a new blog post with a few tips on how to bring light into your life.
We are surrounded by news of doom and destruction, man-made, and otherwise, daily. With earthquakes, hurricanes, a pandemic of another killer flu, financial and social unrest, many of us are spiraling downward into a dark and depressing space. Even if we are not officially depressed, we may be concerned for our future and our children’s future. We may feel more anxious, sad, unsure of ourselves and the world around us. We may expect things to get worse before they get better.
If this is not in our natural seat of our personality, it may be a scary place for us to reside in right now. So, how do we get out of this dark feeling? I have a few tips which may help:
- Watch funny tv shows and movies to laugh as much as possible: the pleasure hormones are released when we laugh, sending messages of healing and happiness throughout the spine to all areas of the body.
- Have more sex: feeling close to someone can release hormones of safety and security.
- Go outside and play: playing outside in nature, even skipping or walking, can help us feel hopeful, knowing we are connected to everything and everyone.
- Exercise: when we are sweaty and done, we sort of forget our woes for a little bit.
- Journal: writing down our thoughts and feelings can release the thoughts from our head and put them somewhere else, leaving space for good thoughts to enter.
- Do something nice for someone else: no explanation needed.
- Color: when is the last time you took crayons to paper? Take some time to be an artist for your own expression, not any judgement.
- Meditate: practicing slowing down the breathing and releasing activity inside is a moment that can carry us through the rest of the day or night.
I want to hear from you!
Your Total Wellness Toolkit For Renewing Body, Soul, and Mind
Health and wellness: Happy Healthy You is a multidisciplinary approach to reclaiming ultimate wellness. We are all so busy nowadays, and tackling all those to-do lists can leave us drained, worn down, and lacking energy. When you take a deeper look inside, you will also discover patterns, old habits, and past events blocking self-growth. Life coach extraordinaire KJ Landis helps identify how, why, and where we got stuck in the first place, and how we can utilize past trauma and drama as a springboard to becoming our most authentic, vibrant selves. As one of KJ’s students enthuses, “She has taught me several tangible strategies to cope with stress…I am using KJ’s simple techniques to achieve my lifelong health goals.'”