Diane Boden (author of Minimalist Moms) promotes her mom-tastic book on Stephanie Seferian’s podcast.
Time: There never seems to be enough of it. And while the internet flows with tips to manage time, minimalists understand that we can gain more time by having less stuff.
Today I’m speaking with my friend and fellow podcaster Diane Boden. Diane is the host of the Minimalist Moms Podcast; she also has a new book by the same name. Today Diane and I discuss tangible ways in which we can pare down our obligations and apply the tenets of minimalism to time management.
Here’s a preview of this week’s episode:
[3:30] Why your RSVPs should either be a “no” or a “heck yes”
[7:30] Thoughts on managing relationship dynamics, obligation, and guilt
[15:15] How to limit choices as a means of gaining time
[19:30] The benefits to unsubscribing, unfollowing, and unfriending
[24:15] Why quitting can sometimes mean winning
Resources mentioned in today’s episode:
- Diane’s new book: Minimalist Moms: Living and Parenting Simplicity
- Minimalist Moms Podcast
- Charlie Banana reusable cloth diapers (Last Chance! Use code MINIMAL at checkout for 31% off your order!)
- Sustainable Minimalism (the book!) is available now!
* Want more episodes like this one? Check out #094: Secrets to Parenting the Simpler Way.
* This episode is sponsored by Charlie Banana. Use code MINIMAL at checkout for 31% off your order!
* Like the show? Help it grow by leaving a quick review! On the Apple Podcasts app, hit the Library tab, scroll allll the way to the bottom past all prior episodes, then click on the stars to leave a review. (Thank you!)
* Join our (free!) community here.
Living and Parenting with Simplicity
Make minimalist living possible for your family. Parenting is hard enough already without trying to change the way you live in one fell swoop. Diane Boden, the host of the Minimalist Moms podcast, knows that what busy moms desire are quick, daily minimalist quotes that provide inspiration and a reminder of the positive impact of minimalism. Minimalist Moms is a book of on-the-go minimalist wisdom, that gradually teaches busy parents how to embrace the core principles of minimalism—simple living, focusing on what matters, and inner calm.