Check out this post by Cerridwen Greenleaf
Are you stressed out, feeling unwell or simply a case of the blues? Essential oils can help in so many ways and are wonderful to boost your immunity and your mood! Turn to these scentful helpmates to help you deal with anxiety, respiratory ailments, headaches and so much more. Sure, they smell good and even feel good on your skin but how do they really work to ameliorate depression, anxiety, lungs, heart rate, skin conditions and so many other issues? A German study conducted by Ruhr University found that “essential oils may affect a number of biological factors, including heart rate, stress levels, blood pressure, breathing, and immune function.” Essential oils are unique in that they can be both a stimulant and soothing for us humans. The same oil can have cause a different response based on the application as these oils are adaptogens, as they truly adapt to the your individual needs. If you are feeling down in the dumps, for example, bergamot can be a major pick me up and one I have depended on for years. My clients and I have come to depend on the power of these natural healers for dealing with stress, anxiety, worry and woe.
Stress-Busting Essential Oils and How to Use Them:
Put simply, essential oils have aromatic, fragrant molecules that can actually pass right through the blood/brain barrier, having a direct effect on the areas of our brain in charge of controlling feelings of stress and anxiety and even panic and depression.
1. Breath in deeply: Rub 1-2 drops in cupped palms and take a long, deep breath
2. Apply to your skin: Rub 1-2 drops of oil into your temples, wrists or anywhere, for full body relaxation
3. As a quick pick me up: Put a few drops on a handkerchief, cotton pad or on a scarf and inhale as needed. You’ll get instant calming support throughout your day.
4. As a shower infusion: Immerse yourself in an essential oil steam by adding a couple of drops in your shower. Remember to plug or cover the drain and inhale deeply.
5. In a diffuser: To get long-lasting benefit, use a diffuser
The Witch’s guide to ritual
Spells, Incantations and Inspired Ideas for an Enchanted Life
Practice Sacred Living. Rituals are often performed to acknowledge special, sacred moments of life. When we align ourselves with the rhythms of the earth, we see that every day is sacred. Sacred living is the art of acknowledging the abundance of life and the deep meaning within natural rhythms. The Witch’s Guide to Ritual teaches the practice of daily rituals for self-care and personal growth.