Melisa Caprio, author of Postcards to the Universe, has written two new articles on surviving quarantine using positivity and the power of words, read both articles here.
We are in an unprecedented time by something that is affecting the whole world collectively. The world has literally been put in a time out by this virus and every single person on this planet is going through this together.
There are many stories out there that can cause us to live in constant fear and panic. I am looking for the stories of hope and healing. You can choose to keep reading the terrible and heartbreaking stories if you want and keep watching the news. It is important to be informed and follow the advice of social distancing. But we do have a choice to where we put our energy as we are self-quarantining. Keeping our distance from others and keeping our immunity high is crucial right now.
I am following all the guidelines suggested by the professionals but what I am NOT doing is constantly watching the news or reading the horror stories. For my own internal well being I cannot do that. I pray everyday for all of us and especially those who are directly affected. May we be surrounded and protected by God, that is my prayer.
I had to do something to keep my mind occupied so I wrote a creative quarantine list of things to do over the next month. Things that will help keep my energy up and keep me hopeful and grounded. Because really, what choice do we have? So let’s get creative.
- Clean your house and play music. Why not it has 2 benefits, sterilization and dance.
- Play music and dance. It’s good exercise and have your kids join you, it’s fun.
- Go through all your closets and drawers and de-clutter. Make piles to donate. Wash and sterilize the clothes first and get them ready to give to those in need when this is over.
- Go through you all your files at home and have a shredding party. It feels good to organize and it gets your important documents in order.
- Teach your kids how to do household chores, like wash dishes, wash clothes, make their bed and clean their room. Kids pride themselves on being able to take care of their own needs, it is good for their self-esteem.
- Give yourself a day at the spa. Do a home facial, or have a mani -pedi party with your family.
- Take an online course. Many people’s businesses had to go online and they are struggling so you will be learning something new and help someone else.
- Learn the foreign language you always wanted to. And watch those foreign films.
- Listen to podcasts. You may discover something new and you have loads more time now.
- Catch up on all your old favorite movies and shows. Or find new movies that you wouldn’t normally watch and experience new worlds.
- Play old fashioned board games with your family, you can even teach your kids how to play cards. Remember gin rummy?
- Play charades or write and act out family plays. How fun is that?
- Have family exercise classes indoors. Or watch yoga videos and practice together.
- Watch cooking videos and learn new recipes, have your kids learn with you.
- If you live in a warmer climate with a pool, swim everyday. It’s really good for your body and mind, plus you get extra vitamin D. In fact, sit outside in the sun a few minutes everyday if you have the social distancing space.
- Create art—draw, paint or take up crafting. Tap into your creativity and find your inner Picasso.
- Finally write that memoir or novel you always wanted to.
- Learn how to play in instrument and write your own songs.
- Write handwritten letters to those you love and send them out if it’s safe to do so. Or write handwritten letters to the people in your community that are on the front lines and thank them for all the hard work what they are doing to keep us safe and functioning as a society. Or you can create online cards and send it through email.
- Rearrange your furniture and redesign your living space to shift the energy. Check out how to Feng Shui your home.
- There is always online shopping. Retail therapy is great if you can afford it and a great way to support your local businesses that may be struggling to stay afloat.
- Take lots and lots of naps. Rest is so good for the body and it helps to keep us healthy.
- Let your kids teach you how to play their videos games. They would love that.
- Organize your costume jewelry and give away pieces you never use anymore to someone else when you can.
- Create care packages and give them to those in need. Help your elderly neighbors or those who are alone. You can do that in a safe way and still stay socially distant.
- Take advantage of playing and spending time with your pets, they will love that. Give your beloved pet some grooming time.
- Go through all your old photos and put together photo albums. Or create digital photo books for family and friends.
- Have a karaoke or open mic night at your home and each family member must do a performance.
- Have your children go through their toys and put together a donation pile for other’s children who may need them when we come out of this.
- You now have time to call family and friends on the phone to catch up instead of texting.
- Create an escape room in your house and get creative with the clues.
- Do story time where each member has to make up and tell a different story.
- Make a vision board and place it where you can see it everyday.
- Create a manifesting Postcard – place the things you want to bring into your life in the future on a postcard and mail it out to the universe. (www.postcardstotheuniverse.com)
- Create a gratitude journal and write 3 things each day you are grateful for to help raise your vibes.
- And finally—Books read more books, any kind of book. Fiction, non-fiction, children, adult, fantasy, mystery, romance, inspirational, it doesn’t matter.. Just buy them, read them, listen to them – Catch up on your reading lists and support authors and bookstores. There is no better way that I know of to escape and travel anywhere in the world than by reading a book. Books are magic. And we need some magic in our lives right now. To help you feel inspired and hopeful right now you can read Postcards to the Universe, A Global Movement for Manifestation.
I recently created a public FB group called Postcards of LOVE. Please join and post any images, words, art, anything uplifting that inspires, that makes you feel grateful for your life. Post those things you love that bring you joy. Lets spread LOVE instead of fear and raise the vibration of the planet.
Wishing everyone good health, peace and love during this trying time. There are messages here for us if we listen with an open heart and I know we will get through this together.
Blessings ~ Melisa
There are so many words we say to ourselves and others on a daily basis that we are unaware of.
Most of them unfortunately are negative and we don’t even realize it. Words have power, we manifest into form the words we use on a regular basis. The constant loop of negative self-talk keeps us from being happy and living in joy. Taking the simple step of deleting these words from your conversation and your thoughts will bring you so much more happiness, joy, and, peace. Trust me.
1. Hate – Never use the word hate. It instantly brings your energy to anger and frustration. Delete it!
2. Can’t – If you say or think you cannot do something then you get to be right. Get rid of it.
3. Failure – When you call yourself a failure you instantly set yourself up for disappointment. You’re not a failure, you just need to approach it from a different perspective.
4. Stupid or Dumb – Take that right out of your vocabulary. When you call yourself stupid you end up believing it. When you call someone else stupid you instantly shut down the opportunity to understand them.
5. Bad – Who’s bad? You’re bad? For what, making a mistake? We all make mistakes so offer yourself more compassion.
6. Lazy – Lazy has a very negative energy to it. It makes us feel terrible about ourselves and we very often become more lazy. Say goodbye to lazy.
7. Ashamed – Shame is very interesting because what shame does is cause us to turn on ourselves. Many people who feel shame end up hating themselves, when what they really need is compassion.
8. Wrong – Please say goodbye to the word wrong. Don’t make yourself or others wrong. You just need to approach something in a different way or allow others to learn from their own mistakes.
9. Fat – Fat needs to go. Someone’s weight is none of your business and you shouldn’t be judging them. When you see yourself in the mirror or in pictures change fat to gorgeous. Keep doing that and your brain will believe you.
10. Ugly – Same as above. It isn’t kind to call someone or yourself ugly. Stop it!
11. Weird – Unfortunately, weird has a negative connotation. Some of the most interesting people in the world have been called weird.
12. Irresponsible – Thinking of yourself as irresponsible will definitely set you up to feel like a failure which you don’t want. Calling someone else irresponsible does the same thing, it’s setting them up to feel bad about themselves. Bye irresponsible.
13. Incompetent – Incompetent is an ugly word. It just means you haven’t figured out how to do it yet, keep going and you will get there.
14. Useless – Useless is the kind of word that will make you feel that you’re aren’t good enough to accomplish anything. The same applies to calling someone else useless. Get rid of useless.
15. Impossible – Nothing is impossible, if we believe it’s impossible then it will be. Everything is possible when you believe it.
16. Poverty – Please get rid of that poverty word. If you keep telling yourself you are poor or poverty stricken, poverty will show up in your reality. It will! So get rid of that immediately.
17. Ill or sick – Stop saying you’re ill, your body responds to that by manifesting illness. Say instead, today I am not feeling myself and send your body love and gratitude and it will respond.
18. Lonely – Lonely is a word that feels lonely. Just saying it makes you feel like you don’t have anyone in the world. That isn’t true, you have many people who love you. Instead say, I am enjoying my alone time. That simple re-phrase shifts the energy.
19. Desperate – If you constantly say to yourself that you are desperate for whatever it is you want to show up, what happens is you feel anxiety. Feeling anxious disturbs our peace and stresses our immune system.
20. Afraid – Now I know being afraid is the body’s way of warning us when something can hurt us. But what has happened is we use afraid to stop us from trying new and different things. We use it as an excuse to stop growing. Try changing afraid to, I am willing to take on that challenge and see what happens.
Blessings ~ Melisa
Harness the Universe’s Power and Manifest Your Dreams (Blank Postcards for Art, for Fans of Law of Attraction, Manifesting, or The Secret)
Open a conversation with the world around you: We have the ability to be in open communication with the Universe, the loving energy behind all creation. But do we listen to what the Universe has to say? Do we use our own voices to speak back? Artist-photographer, popular radio host, and blogger Melisa Caprio helps us enter into deep conversation with the Universe through combining creative visualization with the power of intention.