The Joy of Simplicity by Allen Klein was reviewed by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat for Spirituality & Practice, take a look!
Allen Klein has been gathering quotations for 30 years and the harvesting of these verbal gems has been fruitful. A popular keynote speaker, he is often introduced as “Mr. Jollytologist” given the positivity of his perspective.
The quotations in The Joy of Simplicity have been organized in 13 themed chapters including Go with the Flow, Have Less, Keep It Simple, Seek Solitude, Slow Down, and Take a Break.
- “We do not remember days, we remember moments.”
— Cesar Pavese
- “Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back.
Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can’t build on it; it’s
only good for wallowing in.”
— Katherine Mansfield
- “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
— Robert Brault
- “It isn’t the great big pleasures that count the most; it’s making a great deal out of the little ones.”
— Jean Webster
- “The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.”
— William James
- “If there’s one pitch you keep swinging at and keep missing, stop swinging at it.”
— Yogi Berra
- “As great scientists have said and as all children know, it is above all by the imagination that we achieve perception, and compassion, and hope.”
— Ursula K. Le Guin
Insights to Unclutter and Uncomplicate Your Life
Find Joy in the Simple Things
Simplify your life with the gentle guidance in The Joy of Simplicity and find your path to peace of mind.
A wonderful gift for those looking for a breath of calm in the midst of a hectic life. Allen Klein, bestselling author with over half a million happy readers, offers a cogent reminder that joy is simply a matter of choice. And it’s yours to make. Relax, release, refocus, and renew. Keep what you need in your life and let go of everything else including “stuff.”