Debra Eckerling (author of Your Goal Guide) explores the ways in which a person can rebuild your image on social media.
This week on GoalChatLive we talked about Rebuilding Your Image with Kate Paine, Standing Out Online, and Tania Sterl, Sterl on Style. Digital and physical branding united for a wonderful conversation! Kate is a personal branding consultant with a specialty in LinkedIn. Tania is a personal stylist and image coach.
Kate and Tania shared their thoughts on the power of your image, their transformation backstories, and so much more.
“Our look changes as does our goals, work, industry … everything informs your image,” Tania says. “Dress in a way that makes you unique. … Blend in and stand out.”
“Captivate/hook people in [via your LinkedIn],” Kate suggests. “Tell them who you work with, who you are, and how you can help them.”
- Start with defining your style statement
- Set the tone, embrace how you want to show up.
- Go forward with a little more grace, be real, honest, and responsible.
Tips for Rebuilding Your Image
- Kate: Pause. Think about it. Hit the refresh button. You may just need some minor adjustments.
- Kate: Look at your content and see how/if it relates to the people you are trying to reach. Ask a few people for honest feedback.
- Tania: Start by looking at your future. What events will you be attending? How do you want to look?
- Tania: Make sure you dress for who you are now and what you are looking to attract next?
- Kate: #OwnIt
- Tania: #DaretoWear
Watch Reinventing on #GoalChatLive
Check out the full GoalChatLive conversation on Rebuilding Your Image in the Twitter Moments Recap.
Your Goals for Rebuilding Your Image
- Tania: Take these tips, reflect, and then carve out time for a fashion fantasy hour. Go down the rabbit hole on Pinterest! Then, create your own Pinterest board that describes your style, compare it to your wardrobe, and identify three items to add.
- Kate: Think about the 3 keywords of your niche, and incorporate them into your LinkedIn headline. Then, add something quirky. Also, incorporate your story into your About section.
Final Thoughts on Rebuilding Your Image
- Kate: Raise your game. Make your mark. Stand out online.
- Tania: Dress to express the true you.
- Learn more about Kate Paine and Tania Sterl.
- Find Kate, Tania and Debra on LinkedIn.
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals, and then join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.
What’s your tip for rebuilding your image? Please share it in the comments.
* * *
On the next #GoalChat we will be talking about Confidence. Join the Twitter chat on Sunday, June 20, at 7pm PT on Twitter. Then, on Monday, June 21, at 4pm PT, MJ Fievre, Joan Gelfand, and Jessika Phillips will join me on #GoalChatLive.
* * *
A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
Start with a plan. One of the biggest reasons goals fail is that we often don’t put enough thought into what we really want before diving in. Your Goal Guide by Debra Eckerling starts with that first, crucial step: figuring out your goals and putting a plan in place. As a professional writer, communications specialist, and project catalyst with more than 20 years of experience, Eckerling is prepared to help you achieve success.