(Author of Your Goal Guide) Debra Eckerling talks about the mission of success on her recent #GoalChatLive replay.
Dayna Steele, Viveka von Rosen, and I were Rocking Reconnecting – this week’s topic – on #GoalChatLive. Dayna and Viveka, co-authors of 101 Ways to Rock LinkedIn, shared their personal origin story. Plus, the conversation was filled with anecdotes, tips, and lots of laughter. What a blast!
One of my new favorite quotes comes from Dayna. “Success is not for wimps!” she says.
Want to be successful? Know your why and your mission. Be on your A-game as much as possible, put your best persona forward … along with your personality, and surround yourself with awesome people!
Reconnecting is one thing. Being ready to reconnect is another.
When I asked what people can do to amp up their LinkedIn, Viv said to start by searching for yourself on Google. See if your LinkedIn profile shows up. Then, ask yourself, “Do you like what it says about you?” If not, it’s time for a mini- LinkedIn makeover.
But where to start … Dayna and Viveka had some awesome tips. I asked for three. I got seven!
1. Create a Background Image. Align it with your branding!
2. Update your Headline. Make sure to address who you help and how you help them.
3. Have an Image on your Profile. It should look like you.
4. Spend Time on Your About Section. Expand how you help.
5. Add Media to your Featured section. And change it up regularly.
6. Get on LinkedIn Regularly. At least once a week.
7. Add up to 5 hashtags to your Posts. Use a mix of macro, mini, and unique hashtags.
For more tips, read 101 Ways to Rock LinkedIn. And set LinkedIn goals with Your Goal Guide. Even if you spend about 15 minutes every week on keeping your LinkedIn updated and active, you are ahead of the game.
Watch Rocking Reconnecting on #GoalChatLive
Your Reconnecting Goals
- Viveka: Use LinkedIn’s Notifications to reconnect with someone every day!
- Dayna: Via LinkedIn send something (an article link, a video) to someone every day who can give you money (a prospect or ongoing client).
Reconnecting Final Tip
- Dayna: The more you do to help someone else succeed, the more successful you will be.
- Viveka: Remember the golden rule. Do unto others the way you want others to do unto you.
- Learn more about Dayna Steele and Viveka Von Rosen
- Connect with Dayna, Viveka, and me on LinkedIn.
- Check out 101 Ways to Rock LinkedIn
- Read Dayna’s article on 5 Things to Do Every Day for Success
- Learn more about LinkedIn Hashtags
- Check out Biteable for video creation
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Get your copy of Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
What’s your tip for reconnecting? Please let us know in the comments.
On the next #GoalChat we will be talking about Reconnecting with your Health. Join the Twitter chat on Sunday, May 9, at 7pm PT on Twitter. Then, on Monday, May 10, at 4pm PT, Rhino Julie will join me on #GoalChatLive.
* * *
And get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.
A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
Start with a plan. One of the biggest reasons goals fail is that we often don’t put enough thought into what we really want before diving in. Your Goal Guide by Debra Eckerling starts with that first, crucial step: figuring out your goals and putting a plan in place. As a professional writer, communications specialist, and project catalyst with more than 20 years of experience, Eckerling is prepared to help you achieve success.