Debra Eckerling (author of Your Goal Guide) talks reinventing what truly works for you when creating a killer story.
As we enter this next phase of the year, it’s the perfect time to talk about reinventing: this week’s GoalChat topic. J Bruce Jones, Lew Sabbag, and Keith Spiro joined me for a fun and lively conversation! Put simply: “A philosopher. a note-taker, and a penguin-draw-er walk into a LIVE …”
Bruce Jones is a self-publishing advisor and author, Lew Sabbag is a digital specialist, and Keith Spiro is a business strategist and community builder. The trio, who started the Boston Internet Marketing (live and online) meetup ten years ago, are huge fans of collaboration, community, and creation!
They shared their reinvention stories, their enthusiasm for reinvention, where they find inspiration, and much more.
- Lew: It’s a great way to make a fresh start!
- Keith: If you always do what you always did, you will end up with less than what you had
- Bruce: Because you had no idea what’s going to work … and you get to be surprised!
Check out the full GoalChatLive conversation on Reinventing in the Twitter Moments Recap.
Your Goals for Reinventing
- Lew: Call three people you know will give you good feedback
- Keith: Pick something you like, and start acting like the person you want to become
- Bruce: Show up and keep showing up!
Final Tips for Reinventing
- Lew: Arrive early and help
- Bruce: Perfection freezes progress
- Keith: Choose something you really love, have fun, and take it to success
- Find Keith Spiro by searching on Google.
- Learn more about Bruce and join Bruce’s How to Publish Your Book Facebook group.
- Find Lew on LinkedIn
- Check out Gumroad
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Get your copy of Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
What’s your tip for reinventing yourself? Please share it in the comments.
Watch GoalChatLive on Outreach with Keith Spiro
Watch GoalChatLive on Sharing Your Expertise with J Bruce Jones
On the next #GoalChat we will be talking about Rebuilding Your Image. Join the Twitter chat on Sunday, June 13, at 7pm PT on Twitter. Then, on Monday, June 14, at 4pm PT, Tania Steryl and Kate Paine will join me on #GoalChatLive.
* * *
And get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.
A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
Start with a plan. One of the biggest reasons goals fail is that we often don’t put enough thought into what we really want before diving in. Your Goal Guide by Debra Eckerling starts with that first, crucial step: figuring out your goals and putting a plan in place. As a professional writer, communications specialist, and project catalyst with more than 20 years of experience, Eckerling is prepared to help you achieve success.