Debra Eckerling (author of Your Goal Guide) discusses what self-sabotage means to her and the guests of #GoalChat.
This week, fellow Mango MJ Fievre (the Badass Black Girl series), Tara Reinbolt (Secrets to Career Success Summit), and Annie P Ruggles (Non-Sleazy Sales Academy) joined me to discuss Self-Sabotage on GoalChatLive. We had a lively, fun, and informative conversation on something that impacts everyone at some point in their personal and/or professional journey.
According to our guests, self-sabotage is …
Annie: Doing the things that lead you away from success
MJ: Saying yes, when you should say no
Tara: Continuing behavior that use to help you and is now a detriment
MJ, Tara, and Annie shared their own self-sabotage experiences, along with their thoughts on the why, how – and how not to – self-sabotage.
Watch our Conversation on Self-Sabotage
Also, check out the full GoalChatLive conversation on Self-Sabotage in the Twitter Moments Recap.
Your Goals for Combatting Self-Sabotage
- Annie: Do three “asks” for business this week. Annie is doing five!
- Tara: Ask yourself what destructive or sabotaging behavior you are normalizing. Then, get rid of it!
- MJ: Visit BadassBlackGirl.com and take part in the 7-day challenge: “Say No once every day this week!” Added by Deb: Once it’s a habit, make sure you say No at least 3x/week.
- Tara: When you get in tune with who you are, it’s much easier to get over self-sabotage and reach your goals
- MJ: Set boundaries
- Annie: Embarrassment sucks, but you won’t die. Put yourself out there!
- Learn more about MJ Fievre and her BadassBlackGirl initiative and books
- Sign up for Tara Bolt’s Secrets to Career Success Summit
- Check out Annie P Ruggles Non-Sleazy Sales Academy
- Listen to Tara’s Burnout2Blessed and Annie’s Too Legitimate to Quit podcast, and MJ’s Badass Black Girl Vlog
- Follow MJ and Annie on Instagram
- Connect with MJ. Tara, and Annie on LinkedIn.
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Check out my articles on Time Swapping and Directed Journaling
- Get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then, join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.
What’s your tip for self-sabotage? Please share it in the comments.
* * *
On the next #GoalChat we will be talking about July Wins and August Goals! Join the Twitter chat on Sunday, August 1, at 7pm PT on Twitter. Then, on Monday, August 2, at 4pm PT, Kathy Klotz-Guest, Karen Pulver, and Katrina Sawa will join me for #GoalChatLive.
* * *
A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
Start with a plan. One of the biggest reasons goals fail is that we often don’t put enough thought into what we really want before diving in. Your Goal Guide by Debra Eckerling starts with that first, crucial step: figuring out your goals and putting a plan in place. As a professional writer, communications specialist, and project catalyst with more than 20 years of experience, Eckerling is prepared to help you achieve success.