We’re always hunting for books that are thoughtful, unusual, and captivating. This is why Mango Publishing accepts unsolicited manuscripts and reviews all proposals. However, given the volume of proposals we receive, we are not able to personally respond to all unsolicited proposals unless we are interested in pursuing the project. Also, while we do publish the occasional fiction book, the majority of our focus is on nonfiction.
GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Mango accepts submissions by postal mail or email. For environmental reasons, we prefer digital submissions. (See below for more detail on where to send.)
- Please allow three months for the editors to review a proposal before following up.
- Given the volume of proposals we receive, we are unable to return materials submitted with a mailed submission. Please do not include originals of any sort or any materials of value.
- Because we cannot return materials submitted, there is no need to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (see point above).
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR PROPOSAL
- A a one-page cover letter giving a brief description of the project, why you think Mango should publish it, what’s included in the package, and your contact information.
- If your proposal is a simultaneous submission, please indicate this in your cover letter.
- Include an outline, introduction, text/sample chapters, and samples of the following if applicable: illustrations or photographs, recipes, or projects.
- When submitting artwork, either as a part of a project or as samples for review, please do not send original art, as it will not be returned. Anything from photocopies to tear sheets will do.
- Include a market analysis of the potential readership for the book. Who is the reader? What markets and reader interests does the book speak to?
- Include a list of similar books with information regarding the publisher, date of publication (hint: more recent is better), and a brief explanation of how your book differs from what’s currently available.
- Please include what marketing efforts you will undertake on behalf of your book.
- Include your author biography that includes publishing credits and credentials in the field. If you’re working with other parties like illustrators or photographers on this project, please include biographies for them as well.
- If you would like confirmation of receipt, please include a self-addressed stamped postcard for our submissions editor to put in the mail upon receiving your proposal.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR PROPOSAL
Please send electronic submissions to:
Please send physical submissions to:
2850 Douglas Road, 2nd Floor
Coral Gables, FL 33134
PLEASE NOTE: These guidelines are for informational purposes only and do not constitute a solicitation of any manuscript, artwork, transparencies, or other material. Submission of any materials shall be done at the author/illustrator’s own risk of loss or damage.