Thank you so much for supporting our amazing author MJ Fievre and her books for the Black History Month Target feature! As a token of our appreciation, you can use your 40% coupon code for any of these select titles!
Modern Manners For Moms and Dads
Parenting doesn’t happen in a bubble, but you wouldn’t know that from other parenting books. Own this humorous, often irreverent take on what parenting in public is really like.
Written by and for busy parents, this guide includes parenting tips, lists, charts, pop quizzes, personal anecdotes, and practical advice. Get child rearing guidance from real experts on:
- Leading your family with kindness and awareness
- Setting a good example (and realistic expectations) for little ones
- Maintaining friendships and good communication
Oh Sis, You’re Pregnant!
2021 International Book Awards finalist in Health: Women’s Health
Written with lighthearted humor and cultural context, Oh Sis, You’re Pregnant! discusses the stages of pregnancy, labor, and motherhood as they pertain to pregnant Black women today.
Find answers to questions:
- Do I financially plan for my birth?
- Can I maintain my relationship and friendships during motherhood?
- Will I self-advocate for my rights in a world that already views me as less than?
Raising Confident Black Kids
Raising Confident Black Kids includes everything Black and multi-racial families need to know to raise empowered, confident children. From the realities of living while Black to age-appropriate ways to discuss racism with your children, educator M.J. Fievre provides a much-needed resource for parents of Black kids everywhere.
In Raising Confident Black Kids, teacher M.J. Fievre passes on the tips and guidance that have helped her educate her Black students, including:
- How to encourage creativity and build self-confidence in your kids
- Ways to engage in activism and help build a safer community with and for your children—and ways to rest when you need to
- How to explain systemic racism, intersectionality, and micro-aggressions
Jumpstart Learning In Your Kids
Conscious Parenting Techniques for Raising Successful Kids (Ages 8-12)
This book helps you with:
- Learning more about child development and how they relate to learning
- Identifying appropriate learning times and various real-world opportunities that you can provide for your child at home
- Strategies on how to help your children with problem solving, difficult tasks, and establishing a routine and schedule for success
A collection of minimalist quotes, daily wisdom, affirmations, and meditations that you as a busy mom can use to stay focused and inspired to live a minimalist lifestyle.
In this book find:
- Practical advice on how to live a minimalist lifestyle emotionally, physically, and mentally
- Mantras that cover a range of topics, from slowing down and getting outside to habit stacking and decluttering
- Accessible minimalism that is applicable to any lifestyle–and any busy mother
Mother Daughter Activity Journal
A place to be real. With this Mother Daughter Activity Journal, show your support and unconditional love. It’s filled with writing prompts, places to add doodles, fun things to do together, quizzes and plenty of blank space for thoughts and musings. A lovely mom and daughter keepsake, this beautiful diary includes engaging illustrations, a charmingly designed hardcover, and more.
In this Mother Daughter Activity Journal, find:
- One of the best mother’s day gifts
- A place for family bonding
- Quizzes, writing prompts, and blank spaces to write and doodle
Dino Dana vol 1
Nominated for Four Daytime Emmy® Awards
A great science book for kids. This book for children is perfect for any kid who likes history and science. In the Dino Dana field guide, your kids learn:
- Which time period each dinosaur lived in
- How big the dinosaurs were
- What kinds of things dinosaurs ate and did each day
- And so much more
Dino dana vol 2
For readers of books about dinosaurs for kids. A prehistoric animal encyclopedia for kids like no other, Dino Dana: Dino Field Guide, Volume 2 offers endless facts about dinosaurs, fossils, and prehistoric times. Complete with a photo glossary, size comparisons, and tons of DIY activities, Dino Dana’s second volume makes a wonderful addition to any collection of dinosaur books or Dino Dana toys. Inside this interactive dinosaur encyclopedia, kids will learn which dinosaur was:
- The first bird
- The largest fish to have ever existed
- Named after of the whale in Moby Dick
MinuteEarth Explains: How did Whales get so big?
In their debut illustrated science book for kids, the team behind the popular YouTube channel MinuteEarth answers all of your child’s wackiest questions about animals, nature, and science alongside engaging images of the natural world.
MinuteEarth Explains captivates kids with answers to:
- Why do some animals get gigantic?
- Why do rivers curve?
- Can plants talk?
- How much food is there on earth?
- And more!
How to Cook That: Crazy Sweet Creations
Amazon Best Cookbook for Month of June 2021 and Editor’s pick Best Books of 2021
For home cooks and fans who love their desserts, cakes, and ice creams to look amazing and taste even better. Take your culinary creations to influencer status.
Offering a fun-filled step-by-step dessert cookbook, Ann Reardon teaches you how to create delicious and impressive pastries, cakes and sweet creations.
- Learn to make treats that get the whole family cooking
- Create baked goods that tap into beloved pop culture trends
- Impress guests with beautiful desserts
Cluttered Mess to Organized Success
Declutter Your Life with the Host of HGTV’s HOT MESS HOUSE
Organize your life. Do you dream of getting organized, but have no idea where to start? Cluttered Mess to Organized Success: Declutter and Organize your Home and Life with over 100 Checklists and Worksheets offers you everything you need to organize your home, family, and your time. This book not only provides helpful tips and advice, but it is jam packed with over 100 worksheets, forms, labels, schedules, and everything else you need to organize your life.
Inside discover home organizing tips that:
- Can make your goals and dreams come true
- Allow you to get more done in less time
- Transform you home into a happy, clean, and clutter-free environment
Also read Cas Aarssen’s other bestselling home organizing books, The Clutter Connection and The Declutter Challenge.
5 Ingredient Meals
You don’t have to be a chef to create delicious food. In fact, it only takes a handful of ingredients to make mouthwatering and easy weeknight dinners. This cookbook by Bobby and Dessi Parrish is packed full of simple, healthy dinner ideas that even newbie cooks find easy to make.
- 50 easy healthy meals that only take five ingredients
- Advice for cooking with a combination of store-bought and fresh items
- Essential insight into smarter grocery shopping
7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens: Card Deck
Timeless Wisdom for a New Generation
This card deck companion to Sean Covey’s The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens is the essential go-to resource for busy teenagers preparing for a highly effective and successful life. Use the tools in these 52 cards to build the confidence you need to take on challenges, do hard things, and create lasting change.
- Determine what principles are important to you
- Create and map out short-term and long-term goals for a meaningful life
- Foster healthy, meaningful relationships to support yourself into your future
Badass Black Girl
A Daily Dose of Affirmations Celebrating Black Joy for Teen Girls
Publishers Weekly Select Title for Young Readers
2021 In the Margins Book Award Winner, Top Title for YA Nonfiction
Affirmations for strong, fearless Black girls. Wisdom from Badass Black female trailblazers who accomplished remarkable things in literature, entertainment, STEM, politics and law, sports and more.
Badass Black Girl helps you to:
- Build and boost your self-esteem with powerful, positive affirmations
- Learn more about yourself through insightful journaling prompts
- Become confident in your authentic Black girl self
Empowered Black Girl
Even strong, fearless, and badass Black teen girls and Black women need empowering words of affirmation.
Now more than ever, we must give our minds and bodies the TLC they deserve because Black women empowerment begins with the youth empowerment of Black teen girls. Author of Badass Black Girl, M.J Fievre brings you inspirational words of wisdom through famous Black women who have changed the world, including Audre Lorde, Lupita Nyong’o and Angela Davis.
Empowered Black Girl teaches you to:
- Master using daily words of affirmation
- Experience a life filled with love, Black joy, fulfillment, and satisfaction
- Take control of your destiny and direct your future
- Strengthen your self-esteem and youth empowerment
Book of Awesome Girls
Celebrate the Power of Girls in This Book for Teens
Driven by girl empowerment, this collection of biographies tells the unique stories of strong voices—despite age. From artists to athletes, The Book of Awesome Girls showcases a plethora of passions and skill sets to prove that strong is the new pretty. According to these famous girls, you don’t have to be of voting age to make a difference.
Inside, you’ll find captivating chapters such as:
- Little Entrepreneurs: Girls With Vision
- Beautiful Royals: Girls Who Rule the World
- Dancers and Actresses: Turning Creativity into Social Change
- And more!
The Recruit’s Playbook
The Definitive Guide to Football Recruiting
This all-in-one game plan for young football players in search of a collegiate scholarship takes a deep dive into demystifying the football recruiting process.
- An exclusive look into the football recruiting process
- Practical tips on how to balance an increasingly demanding teenage life
- Expert advice on how to be a standout NCAA football recruiting prospect
Book of Awesome Black Americans
Black Heroes Who Have Made Us a Better America
We are familiar with a handful of African Americans who are mentioned in American history books, but there are also countless others who do not get recognized in mainstream media. Their biographies vary greatly, but each one contributes to the course of Black history and its influence on America and the greater world. Their stories encourage teenage boys and girls, to find their own path to change.
Monique L. Jones’s The Book of Awesome Black Americans is more than a Black history book. It’s a celebration of Black people. In this book, you will find:
- Amazing role models who brought on change by using their gifts and passions to overcome societal barriers
- Stories mainstream media failed to mention that are sure to inspire, motivate, and educate readers of all backgrounds
Testimonies that demonstrate how American culture thrives when it celebrates diversity and promotes inclusiveness