Mystical Crystals author Cerridwen Greenleaf educates us on how specific gems and crystals have space-clearing and purification abilities.
To clear and purify your space and infuse it with as much of your personal energy as possible, perform a ritual sweeping with a favorite broom. I use a sweet-smelling cinnamon broom. These are actually made of pine straw coated with divine-smelling cinnamon oil and set aside to dry for three weeks. Many a grocery store sells them in the fall and holiday seasons. My favorites are the tiny Trader Joe’s whisk-brooms, which are adorable. These make lovely gifts and altar adornments. I ornament mine with cleansing crystals by taking a colored silk cord and stringing quartz beads on them or gluing them to the base of the handle. These gems and crystals are superb for space-clearing and purification:
• Amber for positivity and happiness
• Blue lace agate for serenity and a peaceful home
• Coral for well-being and good cheer
• Jet absorbs bad energy from your environment
• Onyx is a guardian stone and protector
• Petrified wood for tranquility and a sense of security
• Clear quartz is wonderful for peace of mind and space-clearing
• Tiger’s-eye protects from “psychic vampires,” energy- draining situations or people
• Turquoise creates calm and relaxation
Magical Stones and Gems for Health, Wealth, and Happiness
With information on stones for each area of life, including love, work, home, and stress-busting, The Crystal Companion is a beautifully illustrated guide to using crystals and gemstones to channel positive energy into all areas of your life that need special attention. With chapters like “Birthstone Secrets: Discovering Your 4 Soul Stones,” “Tranquility Touchstones: Stress-Reducing Rocks,” and “Crystal Charms: How to Choose and Make Change-Your-Life Jewelry,” there something for both the beginner and the more knowledgeable in Greenleaf’s latest book.